Aging Veterans or Widows of Veterans May Qualify In-Home Care Springfield PA
Veterans and Widows of Veterans Age 65 and Over Benefits: Special Pension, Aid and Attendance and Housebound
Are you a Veteran or widow of Veteran aged 65 and over? If so, you might be eligible for the Special Pension Benefit. If your Veteran qualifies for the benefit the spouse may also apply if he or she is in need of assistance. The benefit may be applied for as a couple or an individual (vet or widow).. The Benefit may be used on senior care home care in Boothwyn, Lansdowne, Wayne and the surrounding areas.
The Aid and Attendance Benefit and Housebound Benefit are considered Special Pension and those Veterans or widows who are over age 65, are incapable of self support and in need of regular personal assistance and have financial need may qualify for this lifetime benefit.
What are the basic requirements to qualify for this Aging Veterans' Special Pension benefit?
- Veteran and/or widow must be age 65 or over.
- If Veteran has passed the widow cannot have re-married after the passing.
- The Veteran must have served as least 90 days of active military service one day of which was during a period of war. VA specifies the specific dates and years that are considered war time.
- The Veterans discharged under any condition other than dishonorable.
- Veteran or widow must be in need of personal care services such as assistance with feeding, showering, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Financial need is calculated by adjusting for un-reimbursed medical expenses from the veterans or surviving spouse total household income. If the remaining income amount falls below the annual income threshold for benefit the VA pays the difference between the claimant house hold income and benefit threshold.
This Special Pension Benefit can provide the Veteran or the surviving spouse with over $1000 a month. If they qualify as a couple, over $2000 a month. The Veterans Special Pensio Benefit can be awarded to veteran, widow or couple. It cannot be awarded to spouse of living veteran when the veteran does not need assistance.
This benefit can be used to pay for Comfort Keepers' in-home care for seniors.
Veterans can receive other benefits (only for veteran) such as hearing aid assistance, eyeglass, medical alarm systems in its Geriatric Home Care services. Please call our office for information.
Have you been looking for veterans and/or elderly healthcare in King of Prussia or Springfield, PA? Or maybe in-home seniors care in Delaware County, PA or Montgomery County? If so, call Comfort Keepers today Springfield Office - (610) 543-6300 or our King of Prussia Office - (610) 783-7878
Comfort Keepers has several offices providing in home care for seniors in Chesterbrook, Darby, Dresher and surrounding areas of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties. To find a home care provider in Pennsylvania or the U.S. click HERE or go to www.ComfortKeepers.com.
Your veteran deserves a Leader in Excellence to serve him or her. Choose Comfort Keepers, the 2016 Leader in Excellence! Only 4.2% of the home care agencies surveyed by Home Care Pulse nationwide for client and employee satisfaction receive this prestigious award. A home care agency must achieve a minimum of 15 categories of client and employee satisfaction scores that are above the national benchmarks to receive this award.
Choose the Leader in Dementia Alzheimer's Home Care Seniors Care in Delaware County, PA for your loved one. Always the Best Care in your home instead of a facility or assisted living center in Media, Havertown and surrounding area.