- In-Home Care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- Respite Care
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Assisted Living In the Home
- Transportation For Seniors
- Sitter Hospital Facility Senior Services
- Transitioning Home From Hospital or Facility Stay
- End of Life Care
- Signs Your Aging Loved One May Need Help
- Is It Time For In-Home Care
- Comfort Keepers® grandPad Senior Tablet
- Aging Veterans Benefit Special Pension Aid and Attendance
Hospital Facility Sitter Companion Services in Springfield, PA
Seniors diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer's often become confused and agitated when faced with a new environment such as hospital room. The seniors can become agitated with nursing staff often wanting to get out of bed repeatedly, wander out of hospital room and/or become verbally and physically abusive towards staff. Having a senior who has the potential to wander off in a hospital can be very stressful for family members who have to work and are unable to stay with them all hours of the day.
These behaviors can be decreased by having a sitter, a one-on-one companion and advocate to stay with the patient while services in the hospital are performed. Comfort Keepers offers hospital sitter and companion services.
What are reasons a family would hire a companion or hospital sitter to stay with senior loved one?
- Decreases stress for family members - having a companion and sitter at bedside allows adult children to go to work worry-free that hospitalized loved one is being observed and will not wander or try to rise out of bed and fall.
- Assists with calming and reassuring the Alzheimer's and dementia-diagnosed hospitalized patient.
- Reports to Comfort Keepers Care Coordination Team any changes in patient's status and that information is relayed quickly to the family.
- Independent living residents who are in need of a companion to remind and escort him or her to the dining room. Comfort Keepers offers 2-hour minimum visits with no frequency requirements.
If you are worried about a senior loved one with memory impairment who is hospitalized, give Comfort Keepers a call and ask how sitter services can make a difference.
Comfort Keepers also offers post-hospital senior care to support and provide assistance with daily tasks, making doctor appointments, meal preparation, and other daily tasks. For more information on post-hospital care in Springfield and the surrounding areas, click HERE.
To learn more about hospital sitter services, please call our Springfield Comfort Keepers office at (610) 543-6300.